Saturday, 23 April 2011

Hey there, what is going on?

Well it is a 1-year birthday of Passing Human Parade(, if I may call this a such). It was exactly a year ago when I first blogged about Passing Human Parade.  I had just moved to Helsinki and started writing lyrics for this new project. I actually had a schedule in my head but as life tends to be unexpected, my winter turned out to be a bit different than I had planned. But I am not here to remember the past, I am here to tell what happens next.

First of all, I am happy to announce that I am working with my first book. It will actually be a dive into the last eight years of writing lyrics. I am going through the stuff which we never recorded with Tuvalu, all kind of strange little sentences and poems written on napkins & on computer screen. Going through my archives of ideas, names, titles, indexes of stories. But this time, the outcome will not be lyrics, it will a book of strange little poems. This is something I need to do, before I am able to move on with writing. I just need to get it out of my head and my heart. Closing of the accounts or "Tilinpäätös" as we would call it in Finnish. So I will spend the most of my upcoming summer editing and writing texts. My goal have always been to write lyrics in that way, so the printed words would sound as good without the music. This is a huge challenge for me. Can I actually write a book full of poems without music? Will each sentence still have a rhyme? And if they do not, how will they sound? What is the sound of lyrics? This is my next big project and I hope to get things going as planned.

So where is the Passing Human Parade marching? I am now eager to get things going on in all areas. Let’s see how quick I am. I hope to have some news soon, but as I just wrote in the previous paragraph, I will definitely try to get the first of this 8 years era out of my head and on paper. Just cleaning a table a bit before the new guests come into another party.

No comments:

Post a Comment